Oh Tilth in Wallingford how I love thee, let me count the ways:
1. You use only the freshest, local, in-season ingredients. There was a time in history that this was standard issue, the hell happened to that?
2. You give out complimentary tastings of your very fresh soup. In this case it was chilled pea soup. Scrumptious (should a grown man use that word, ah I am going to give it a try).
3. You can cook halibut like a rock star. Check out this pic of their take on Wild Alaskan Halibut. Perfection!
4. You put wild mushrooms in your risotto. And morels to boot! I ordered the Carnaroli Risotto and I was not disappointed. It was creamy and a little sweet. Just a joy to have in my mouth (easy now no jokes).
5. You make duck into sliders! I mean really who thinks of using duck to make small tiny little hamburgers? Not me, no, no…you do Tilth, you do.
And there you have it. The reasons I love Tilth in Wallingford. I will be going back soon, I guarantee it!